Emprismed Icons

Monday, July 4, 2011


Twilight Dream: 10" x 10" Oil on Wood Panel with gold/silver leaf. Magic and whimsy are also a big part of my paintings. I think my fascination with these characteristics is to preserve the child in me. Remember, "the cow jumped over the moon"?
I love the idea of a huge bovine doing this sort of a thing. Who wouldn't want to see that? Would it cause the sky to rain milk? Oh! thus the milky way!!!

These icons of bear, salmon and reindeer suggest to me feeling of wonder and love of life. I like the mystery of the central shape as well. The ancient cave painters were artists that believed in visualization. They depended on hunting and gathering from nature to survive. They believed that, "if we paint it, they will come." This belief in envisioning a healthy and plentiful natural environment is what this painting says to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment