Emprismed Icons

Monday, July 11, 2011

Dogs Are Angels

Dogs Are Angels- Oil on wood panel with silver leaf. (14" x 14 ")

We are dog crazy. It is strange that we don't have our own mutt. We take frequent walks in our neighborhood and pretty much know every local dog by name.

We are lucky to dog sit Queen Dog every now and then, who will hopefully pose for me one day. She, like most of the dogs I ever had the chance to know, miraculously bring down my blood pressure and always make me smile. They are kindred spirits. 

Gia, a former pet of mine, was thought to be some kind of Shepherd mix. She had a lot of people fooled. When we got her a companion sister I realized that the companion was truly a dog and that Gia was a disturbed human in a dog outfit. I checked several times to find the zipper to find the little person inside. I realize now that Gia was an angel. At the pound where we found her, she was the only pup pushed up close to the front of her cage. All the other yapping hounds were either in the back of the cages or more amused with their toys or food. Gia had picked me as her human.

No comments:

Post a Comment