Emprismed Icons

Monday, July 4, 2011

This painting preceded the Answers from the Universe series. This 30" x 30" oil painting was from a series of about a dozen painting that were visuals to songs that I wrote and produced.

Although I have an appreciation for many art styles and movements, the use of bright colors are probably the more prominent feature of all my work. In art school, my painting teacher called me a colorist. When I asked her what this meant, she said to me, "You tend not to over-mix and muddy your colors. Don't lose that?"

I've continued to be a colorist and have tried to incorporate styles from the past. In the case of this painting, cubism is the dominant style. I think that you might see the continuing influence of cubism in many of my painting, even if it it is used very subtly at times. It is my way of thinking of the many facets  of a particular idea. I believe in weighing and adjusting my thinking of the world as I hear others' points of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment