Emprismed Icons

Monday, August 29, 2011

Recovery

Recovery (Oil on Canvas, 30" x 40")
Firstly, I hope that you all will be able to attend the 10th Ave. Theater and Arts Center  fall show during the month of October. I will post details about the show soon, including invitations to attend the opening. 

"Recovery" has a lot of meaning attached to it. In creating this piece I couldn't help but explore the most general definition of recovery: being resilient to change. However, "re"covery implies that there is a return to some norm or familiar characteristic. Or does recovery mean to rescue one's sanity? Thus, in exploring the most general definition, I still encountered a lot of nuance.

I let the process of this painting help me to clarify this exploration. Some of the answers that came to me are that recovery is a return to bliss. Recovery is a continuum of life's ups and downs, the "getting back up and starting again." Recent world tribulations would prove that there are hardships and extremes in life that I thanks God that I have never had to face. 

My personal daily purpose is to be in touch with every moment, to see the colors of life, and to feel free to explore what stimulates my curiosity. I fear stagnation, so I prize my growth. Embracing the people that I love and being open to new relationships is a magical and wondrous part of my life that I use as my measure of comfort and contentment. I'm happy to report that I have been blessed to reside in the blissful side of the spectrum and to be in the mental state to realize it!

No comments:

Post a Comment