Emprismed Icons

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Goddess in Buddha's Garden

Goddess in Buddha's Garden
(8" X 8" Oil on Wood Panel with Silver Leaf)

Buddha Park, about 45 minutes into the beautiful countryside of Vientiene, Laos was the inspiration for this and probably many more paintings to come. The area, filled with frolicking chimeras, magical animals and Buddhas is an enchanting and sometimes eerie experience.

One Goddess in particular, the multi-armed Durga cast her spell on me. As a Goddess of protection, I also saw her as the divine representation of multi-tasking. I share a commonality with many artists who juggle one more thing into the busy pace of life: the need to create. This has been my way of understanding the things that I perceive and want to understand better. I take it in, but it must also come out as an approximation of my tearing apart and putting back together again mind's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment