Emprismed Icons

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hummingbird and Black Birds

Hummingbird and Black Birds- Oil on Wood Panel with Silver Leaf, 20" x 24"

My painting definitely echo the things going on inside my head. One self-interpretation is that I've been preoccupied with work related concerns. The second, and more favorable interpretation is understanding that our universe is complex and always has the potential for good and bad.

It's very easy to want to combat the forces that loom in our lives, but there comes a time that letting go of fighting these forces and putting more effort into the focus of the positive aspects of our lives. I wanted to portray "the dark side" as something less menacing as hatred, evil and cruel. instead I've visual communicated that it is part of the balance of life and that we can rise above the feeling that we must always be fighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment