Emprismed Icons

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

San Diego Hummingbird

Just finished another painting for an upcoming show. I've come to the realization that I am the hummingbird in many of my paintings. Drawing and painting are such amazing processes for me. When I get lost in the process of painting, it's like stream of consciousness writing. One of the interesting parts of the painting process is standing back when the painting is completed and analyze it as if it were a dream to try to understand.

This week I was certainly influenced by the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. I also took notice of the natal plum plants growing in a shopping center parking lot. When I saw the star-like flowers, I thought it would be interesting to pair them with a starlit sky.


(Oil on wood panel, 20" X 24")

No comments:

Post a Comment