Emprismed Icons

Monday, August 27, 2012

9 Hummingbirds and Hisbiscus

I'll dream of hummingbirds so my hopes and motivation soar like they do. Oil and Silver Leaf on Wood Panel, 11" x 14".

I've been walking around the neighborhood taking pictures of flowers, birds and dogs. I've posted some of these recently. Here's the newest painting based on the photos and what I've seen. By the way, there is no dog in this painting, so don't try looking for it! 

After creating several hummingbird paintings, people have shared with me their personal connection to the hummingbird. It's been fascinating and inspired me to do more. It seems that many people feel that the hummingbird is the reinvented soul of a passed loved one.


The painting is 11" x 14", oil on wood panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment